What are Plantar Warts?
Plantar warts are caused by a virus. Plantar warts can be painful and usually can be found in the ball or heel of the foot. Although they can emerge anywhere on the skin, those appearing on the sole of the feet are known as plantar warts. They are often thought to be a corn or callus. Plantar warts often grow in warm, moist environments, like public showers.
Plantar Warts Symptoms:
- They are hard and flat
- Rough surfaces and clearly defined boundaries
- Gray or brown pigmented
- Pinpoints of black central appearance
- Can also appear in the form of clusters if left untreated
Treatment Options for Plantar Warts Katy TX
- Avoid walking barefoot
- Change shoes and socks daily
- Keep feet clean and dry
- Check children’s feet often
- Avoid direct contact with warts
- Do not ignore growths on, or changes in, your skin
- Self-treatment is generally not advisable.
- Don’t walk barefoot outdoors
- Wear new socks and shoes daily
- Clean and dry your feet regularly
- Keep a thorough check on children’s feet
- Avoid contact with warts to keep it from transmitting
- Observe carefully any irregular growth or variation in your skin
- Avoid undergoing any sort of self-treatment
- Warts spread quickly. To avoid spreading the plantar wart virus, please call our office to schedule an appointment with our doctors for wart removal.
- Diabetic patients and those suffering from immunological and circulatory diseases should take extra caution.